Mobile Maintenance Electrician
City : Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: January 31, 2024
Are you looking for a new career opportunity working on some of the world's largest mobile mining equipment? Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, our Mobile Maintenance Electricians are responsible for maintaining the electrical systems on a variety of mobile mining equipment including haul trucks, drills, and shovels in a shop and field environment. Teck has 4 operations based in the Elk Valley B.C.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of a team, and has a willingness to learn and grow.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain, repair, and test electric or electronic systems and components on the mobile maintenance fleet
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on mobile mining equipment in a shop or a field environment
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematics, prints and working knowledge of the Electrical Code
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is an asset
Wage Range: $118,000 - $129,000
At Teck, we believe in fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where every individual is treated with respect. We aim to create an environment of trust and accountability, where both current and prospective team members can confidently engage in discussions about their employment and compensation that will contribute to our shared success. Providing remuneration details illustrates our commitment to transparent and equitable compensation practices.
As Canada’s largest diversified mining company, Teck is committed to providing the world with essential resources safely and sustainably. We have a rich history of consistently driving innovation, harnessing cutting-edge technology, and cultivating a dynamic environment that empowers our employees to shape the future.