City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Technologist - ( 240000DA )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare contract drawings, schematics, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Assist in the design of building related mechanical systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems using applicable codes, standards, and reference materials.
- Review equipment selections, perform preliminary engineering calculations, and develop preliminary designs.
- Produce aspects of mechanical design and drawings in REVIT, as well as in AutoCAD.
- Follow production guidelines and project standards.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer and Mechanical Team in recommending the best use of project tools to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools.
- Ensure the assurance of quality, consistency, and integrity of the electronic handover of deliverables.
- Assist with periodic construction administration tasks (prepare documentation for site instructions or change requests).
- Incorporate information from site, contractor markups, 3D scans, and existing drawings to produce as-built drawings.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents.
- Work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline team.
- Communicate with other team members and become familiar with Stantec standards to complete assignments and projects in a timely manner as required by the Project Manager or Lead Designer.
- Understand and execute and/or direct work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Comply with Stantec's Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSS&E) program.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to work independently with engineering supervision on small projects.
- Ability to take general direction, consolidate available information and data, and determine how to effectively complete tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical building systems (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection) and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Knowledge or familiarity with National Building Codes, plumbing codes, fire codes, energy codes.
- Familiarity with building construction documentation and design process.
- Experience taking systems design concepts and translating into technical content in the form of production drawings.
- Experience with buildings consulting industry.
- Knowledge or familiarity with LEED standards, ASHRAE, ASPE and NFPA would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Good time management skills and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Understand and work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Comply with Stantec's HSS&E program.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Local presence is preferred, but open to remote work setup within Canada (in proximity to a Stantec office).
Education and Experience
- Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Have or be eligible to attain CTTAM or EGM accreditation.
- Five years working experience with parametric modeling software(s).
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is an asset.
- Able to work in Canada.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
T his description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1154 Buildings-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 26, 2024, 1:59:01 PM
Req ID: 240000DA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans