Mechanical Permit to Work Issuer
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are now looking for a Permit to Work Issuer to join the project and provide support for the team. Reporting to the Permit to Work Manager/Lead, you will undertake regular and ongoing liaison and coordination with the Construction, HSSE, Field engineering and Environmental teams to ensure all controls for Life Critical Tasks are implemented to ensure that work is safe to begin.
Ensure all disciplines adhere to Safe Work permits and isolations, procedures, and policies to protect people, property, environment and the reputation of LNGCanada.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Review submitted permit to work documents and packages
• Coordinate with Contractor to assure that content of permit is complete and applicable
• Coordinate and confirm work scope covered by work permit approved by JFJV Area Authority
• Coordinate with Field Engineering and Technical Services team to verify all technical aspects of work permit applied for are complete and approved with associated supporting documents
• Coordinate with HSSE advisors as required to verify that all aspects of work permit are in compliance
• Review Lockout/Tagout isolations and install boundary Lockout/Tagout isolations as required
• Coordinate with Environmental advisors to verify all environmental aspects of work permits are taken into consideration
• Coordinate with contractors to close expired or completed work permit