Mechanical Engineer- Intermediate – Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The mechanical group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
The successful candidate can expect growth and career opportunities including being responsible for reviewing drawings and vendor equipment documentation, as well as contributing to diverse project teams.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Prepare specifications and perform technical bid evaluations for mineral processing equipment.
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform moderately complex slurry and solution hydraulic calculations.
• Solve moderate engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems of moderate complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned