Mechanical Engineer in Training, Buildings
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Engineer in Training, Buildings - ( 240000IL )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
An opportunity exists in Stantec’s Saskatoon or Regina office for a highly motivated Engineer-in-Training to join our Buildings Engineering Team. As a Mechanical Engineer in Training, you will have the opportunity to design mechanical building systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), Plumbing, Fire Protection, and Specialty Gases. The opportunity also exists to assist with Commissioning and Energy Modelling services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the design, drawing production, and specifications for mechanical building systems on multiple building projects.
- Prepare detailed engineering design calculations.
- Modelling and drawing production of mechanical systems using 3D Revit software.
- Become familiar with and provide interpretation of various Codes and Standards.
- Select equipment based on calculated design requirements and manufacturers’ provided equipment performance data.
- Opportunity to assist with Commissioning of buildings.
- Opportunity to assist with energy modelling of buildings using IES software.
- Assist with Construction Administration services including site inspections to ensure conformance with construction documents, attendance at meetings, review of shop drawings, issuing of wording for change orders and site instructions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, emails, and technical specifications.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills necessary to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in sustainability would be an asset.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or other related engineering discipline. Registered or eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Saskatchewan as an Engineer-in-Training. Experience in construction or in a consulting engineering office would be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1133 Buildings-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2024, 1:27:30 PM
Req ID: 240000IL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans