Material Management- Commercial Strategy
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position serves as Commercial Strategist on medium to large Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction (EPFC) projects. Focus will be the support of Office or Business Line operations reporting directly to the Commercial Strategy lead.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, evaluate and implement procurement and contract strategies to reduce cost, schedule and risk for assigned projects (all line of businesses)
• Understand market drivers that can impact procurement and contracting strategies and develop mitigation plans.
• Integrate into project task force to provide potential saving solutions and strategies based on exact project requirements.
• Working in close coordination with project management, engineering and other functions with Fluor, and to provide all comprehensive solutions.
• Plan and execute the material planning, purchasing or logistics associated with commodities or engineered equipment, systems or materials in support of projects operations and/or goods in support of office operations
• Assist in the handling of complex material planning, purchasing, logistics, or field purchasing functions or plans and executes those functions within established Material Management Plans, policies and procedures.
• Help with supplier negotiations to achieve best cost, longer price validity and schedule certainty.
• Other duties as assigned.