Material Handling Designer/Drafter – New Graduate
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Material Handling group of Fluor’s Mining and Metals business line is involved in all aspects of design, engineering, and construction of large scale belt conveyors, crushing and screening stations, bulk material storage and reclaim solutions, rail loading and unloading facilities. The successful candidate will work and learn alongside experienced designers and engineers and be responsible for creation of 3D CAD models and 2D CAD drawings to support our clients’ Projects. This position will require ability in CAD along with strong mechanical acumen in order to efficiently lay out facilities.
• Create layouts of industrial facilities and arrange mechanical equipment in accordance with best practices while supporting maintainability, constructability, and operability
• Prepare intermediate complexity Computer Aided Design (CAD) 3D models and use knowledge to develop designs
• Prepare 2D Drawings based on 3D model cuts
• Provide close interface with other discipline functions such as structural, electrical, and civil
• Learn and adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Plan, organize, and carry out assignments in a timely manner