Manager, Store Set-Up
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
The Store Set up Manager will be responsible for executing the end to end process in merchandising, marketing and operations for renovations, conversions and new stores.
- Execute merchandising programs including ownership for maintenance, communication and execution.
- Physically able to complete and execute planograms on their own, installing shelves of different sizes to correct heights and or racking and filling sections up with merchandise in a timely manner on their own.
- Must be able to give clear direction, always be physically ready to assist with filling, relocating and facing merchandise.
- Must be physically able to work an 8 to 10 hour shift for 10 nights in a row or 5 nights based on project, set up sections on their own of about 40 or more feet with shelves and data strips.
- Must be physically able to pull pallets of merchandise and fixtures on their own.
- Must be physically able to clean up sections as needed on their own, ensure project is safe at all times.
- Wear PPE as per project. (hard hat, safety glasses , steel toe boots and masks if requires.
- Must be physically able to lift 35 to 50lbs on their own.
- Must complete walks every morning with manager or store owner for clean hand-off.
- Must be able to create execution plans/phasing plans on their own as per type of project.
- Must be able to give contractors clear direction of what needs to be completed every night.
- Must be able to give direction to team and be physically able to complete their own direction on their own.
- Must understand that extra help is limited and may not always be provided fully on every project, must be able to work on their own to complete tasks needed to ensure project completion.
- Must be able to travel to distant locations be ready to work on their own or with a limited staffed team to complete projects as needed.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times. Act as a liaison between the company and your customers and/or community.
- Ensure that there is a clean and safe environment during a renovation for our customers.
- Address issues with vendors, co-workers and employees with honesty, integrity and in a timely manner and improve services through feedback from customers.
- Responsible for the training and development of all colleagues on Refurb merchandising activities.
- Manage a group of refurb colleagues.
- Responsible for human resources functions including but not limited to hiring & termination; support and development; training; scheduling; managing expenses; payroll; time sheets; out of town accommodations; management of employee issues; performance/disciplinary issues.
- Assign responsibilities to employees to ensure that work is prioritized.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and develop staff to instill teamwork, create high employee morale and encourage top performers. Document performance issues for potential discipline after all previous coaching attempts have failed.
- Adhere to the collective agreement in all dealings with employees if applicable.
- Ensure that the merchandising plans are relative to existing depts., downsizing areas; clearly communicated in advance at the phasing meeting to facilitate store execution.
- Ensure that the training plans for new/ renovated stores are being adhered to by the store management team.
- Ensure that there is total compliance to the LP and Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure correct labels and pricing in place for store opening
- Coordination and execution of all back-room stock in the back room properly.
- Ability to read and modify blue prints and merchandising layouts.
- Ensure that all timelines for each project are met and adhered to at all times.
- Coordination and facilitation of phasing and site meetings with key stakeholders.
- All other special projects that they might be assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in a store with strong operational knowledge
- Mobile and ability to work flexible hours
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Demonstrated creativity in display merchandising
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sometimes-unpredictable environment
- Must be able to work days, evenings, Saturday, Sunday, and holidays
- Extensive travel and weekends away during the year
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.