Manager/Senior Manager, iDi (Intelligent Delivery and Innovation) Tax
City : Toronto
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Intelligent Delivery and Innovation (iDi), is KPMG’s innovative Canadian Corporate Tax team, bridging traditional tax work with technology. Focusing on corporate tax compliance and provision engagements, iDi operates with people, process, and technology in mind.
Through our innovative and market leading corporate tax compliance delivery model and a hybrid work environment (with the option of remote working opportunities), iDi is at the forefront of tax compliance and provision efficiency and fosters an environment for innovation in the tax space.
As a Manager/Senior Manager in the iDi tax group you will work closely with Partners on tax compliance, and tax provision initiatives with a diverse mix of clients ranging from private companies, technology start-up companies, to major Canadian and multinational public enterprises. If you are excited to build your career in tax and explore the world of technology, apply now!
What you will do
- Leading client engagements and engagement teams in servicing the compliance needs of clients
- Reviewing working paper files, tax provisions and income tax returns for corporate clients prepared by junior staff
- Perform tax research and analysis as part of the tax provision and tax compliance process on a wide variety of tax issues
- Work with Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners across tax and other functions to develop a wholistic business approach for client service
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the group
- Providing technical and process feedback to technology professionals to inform the development of tax tools to be used during tax compliance and provisions busy season
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 4-7 years specializing in Canadian income tax in a public accounting firm or industry setting
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Completed, or nearly completed the CPA In-Depth Tax Course, or graduated from the MTax program
- Excellent people management, project management and organizational skills
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the client business
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies that will be used in conjunction with other tools to complete tax compliance and provision deliverables
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.