Manager Financing Solutions
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
This position covers the specialized team Pharmacy and Health Professionals Group (approximately 70% of the time) and the Laval/North Shore region (approximately 30% of the time).
Your main challenges:
- Conduct quality credit analyses, according to the standards established by the Credit Center, and make recommendations;
- Structure the credit application (agenda setting) by mitigating risks and developing financing scenarios that meet the needs of the clients and correspond to the Bank's risk criteria;
- Participate in the development of client financing requirements in collaboration with the CAS Manager;
- Negotiate credit terms and conditions with the Credit Centre as required and confirm availability of financing to the CAS Manager;
- Work with Account Officers and the Credit Center to produce documentation and update customer files to ensure efficient processing of credit applications;
- Act as a credit resource within the team and support the AVP, as required, in the development of team members' credit skills.
More specifically, you will:
- Participate in the origination of files including analysis and establishment of financing structures for companies;
- Actively participate in all stages of follow-up and renewal of existing credits in support of portfolio management;
- In some cases, in collaboration with the account manager, participate in preliminary meetings and in the presentation of financing outlines to clients;
- Participate in negotiations with internal (operations, credit department, legal affairs, etc.) and external stakeholders (legal advisors, other financial institutions, clients, prospects, etc.);
- Utilize credit risk and profitability assessment tools ensuring compliance with financing and risk management policies and standards.
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and six years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the industry and four years of relevant experience OR University Certificate/PUB undergraduate degree and eight years of relevant experience
- Commercial credit experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis
- Experience in customer service, negotiation and business development
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines;
- Relational skills and team player;
- Bilingualism (French and English), essential as you will be working with English-speaking partners
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?