Manager, Financial Instruments & Securities Reporting
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Financial Instruments & Securities Reporting will be responsible to support the Financial & Regulatory Reporting Management team in providing accurate and timely financial information to the bank’s shareholders and regulators, implementing process changes to drive efficiency or meet changing external requirement, and maintaining an exceptional control environment.
What you will do?
- Coordinate, prepare, and reconcile financial statement disclosures, board materials and/or regulatory returns at the RBC Consolidated or legal entity level in accordance with timelines for monthly, quarterly and year end deliverables.
- Prepare and review journal entries, proof of balance, and reconciliations for review by team members or manager in support of monthly and quarterly close processes.
- Gather and consolidate financial information and conduct complex data analysis with large datasets working to identify patterns, trends or insights.
- Analyze reports and related data for completeness, accuracy, consistency with other reported financial information, and data quality issues.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation, accounting guidance, and operational guidance for assigned financial disclosures and regulatory returns.
- Investigate queries and resolve issues on behalf of internal and external stakeholders with respect to financial disclosures and regulatory returns
- Active participant in cross-training with other team-members to ensure team resilience and business continuity planning.
- Strong ability to identify, propose, implement, and test reporting solutions for new financial and regulatory reporting initiatives/projects through interpreting requirements, and working with subject matter experts such as Accounting Policy Group, Platform Financial Controllers, Product Controllers, and Finance IT.
- Manage or coordinate legal entity regulatory, internal or external audits.
- 2+ years relevant experience in the financial services industry and/or accounting/finance reporting environment
- Strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills; ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Excellent computer skills (advanced Excel, and navigation through large datasets)
- Advanced technical knowledge of IFRS, particularly with respect to Financial Instruments and Securities (IFRS 9 and IFRS 13 and other related guidance)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, or International equivalent
- Strong understanding of financial institutions, including all facets of RBC’s business and other activities
- Desire to question the status quo and to be bold to make significant impactful changes
- Innovative, organized, able to handle and disseminate a significant amount of information from multiple sources
Job SkillsAuditing (Inactive), Audits Compliance, Critical Thinking, Detail-Oriented, Fair Value Measurements, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Financial Management Reporting, IFRS 9, Industry Knowledge, Internal Controls, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Knowledge Organization, Regulatory Requirements
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.