City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173851
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Wealth Management Technology team works with our business and technology partners and various stakeholders in Wealth Management and related business lines to deliver value for our users and clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Wealth Management Technology, the Manager of Development, as the technology owner, will be responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and oversight of the Onboarding and Servicing teams ensuring business and technology strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, and internal policies and procedures. They will build and manage components using Pega and Java that leverage current processes and increase velocity while reducing cost/effort. The Manager’s role includes developing and implementing the appropriate technology strategy, which mitigates operational risk and delivers value, in collaboration with Global Wealth Management and other stakeholders and Technology teams. They would also be responsible for the application support of all the applications within their portfolio.
Is this role right for you?
- Lead and drive a client focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Delivery and management of highly complex technology programs which consist of multiple Technology projects for multiple business partners and stakeholders, across multiple business units.
- Manage resources, technology direction, and alignment of business technology roadmaps related to their applications.
- Vendor management and engagement for any third party vendor products/tools/software being used and related technology solutions ensuring synergistic utilization of vendor partnerships while simultaneously containing costs. Holding vendors accountable for quality of deliverables and service provision.
- Track and own financials:
- Reporting, tracking, measuring and monitoring for the supporting Finance Office, and
- Monitoring and integration of contractor pool, and IT&S Operational Budget tracking and monitoring.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 7-10 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- Systems knowledge and experience (existing systems and new technologies).
- Business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Scotiabank's goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects).
- Process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design.
- Experience in the project management of highly complex technology projects.
- Experience in vendor management, including contract negotiations and managing outsourcers.
- Experience in managing offshore/nearshore resources.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
- Knowledge and experience in Wealth technologies would definitely be an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Global Wealth Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Global Wealth business, which constitutes of multiple business lines, both within Canada and internationally. Joining our team would give you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.