Manager, Development Construction Projects
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS:
($84,795 - $99,759 Annually)
Reporting to the Director Regional Development, the Manager, Development Construction Projects leads the planning and delivery of development projects for the social housing stock. He/she/they provide technical direction to a team of Project Technologists and provides technical advice to other Development Management staff regarding construction technology, costing, project and contracting processes and construction monitoring. The position prepares and conducts compliance alignment, sustainability and design guideline reporting. The Manager, Development Construction Projects manages development projects within assigned region and provides reports and process improvements on costing, construction schedules, change orders. The Manager reviews data, identifies project performance gaps and develops key performance indicators to address quality of projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering (P.Eng) or other relevant field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Considerable experience in design, developing building design guidelines, construction standards and construction contract procurement standards.
- Considerable work experience in managing a variety of development projects of varying size and type in the residential construction industry.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of building codes, building design, and principles and practices related to the construction and development of multi-unit residential buildings
- Comprehensive knowledge of project and contract management processes and practices.
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s programs and operating requirements.
- Ability to plan, develop, manage, control and evaluate a portfolio of development projects requiring complex stakeholder management and coordination
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, adapt to changing priorities and re-allocate resources as necessary
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including industry representatives, contracted services, government agencies (local and provincial) and BC Housing staff to accomplish objectives
- Ability to utilize judgment in presenting issues, and provide leadership, direction and influence in facilitating appropriate courses of action
- Ability to provide technical leadership, direction and mentorship to staff in construction and construction management philosophies and practices
- Ability to review, analyze and understand project budgets and analyze construction costs
- Ability to travel to various project sites, as required
- Effective consultative, facilitation, consensus building, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated planning, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Effective project and technical leadership skills