Manager, Cyber Security – Cyber Defense and Incident Response
City : Vancouver
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Vancouver/Victoria team is looking for a highly motivated Cyber Security professional at the Manager level to join our team! As a member of KPMG Canada’s cross-functional Cyber team, you will be dedicated to enabling our clients' cyber transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advisory, and support.
A career within our Cybersecurity services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients design, implement, optimize and sustain effective Cybersecurity programs that protect against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organizations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their return on cybersecurity investments, and detect, respond to, and remediate threats.
What you will do
You will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership, oversight, and successful delivery of cyber security transformation engagements serving multiple clients across various industries.
- Understand our clients' key cybersecurity challenges and opportunities, and advise/ propose practical and cost-effective solutions to address them and to effectively manage risk across multiple layers of the technology architecture stack.
- Hands-on participation in the digital and technical aspects of engagements including design and implementation.
- Champion one or more technical service offerings such as threat risk assessments, threat modeling, identity access management, IT asset and vulnerability management, cyber maturity assessments and transformation roadmap development and execution.
- Active involvement in the business development activities such as participating in the local business community and developing relationships with clients to increase awareness of the firm’s services. Identifying and assisting in pursuits including developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
- Contribute to team development through engaged mentorship and knowledge sharing to help team members grow their consulting skills, professional brand, and technical acumen. Manage the performance and development of team members.
- Work collaboratively across KPMG service lines to provide holistic support to our clients.
- Engage in and contribute to the innovation, growth and enhancement of KPMG Cyber services;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, existing clients, and prospective client organizations.
What you bring to the role
- 3-6+ years of experience in cyber security consulting and/or technology consulting or operations, including recommending applicable cyber security solutions within mid to large level organizations.
- Proven experience in defining and/or implementing security controls across multiple layers of the technology architecture stack.
- Interpreting and applying the requirements of appropriate standards (e.g., NIST, ISO, OSFI, ISF), policies, regulatory requirements and threat/risk assessment in the definition of enterprise security strategy.
- Designing and updating cybersecurity strategies, roadmaps, and target operating models.
- Industry relevant designations such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, ITIL, PCI QSA, CIPP/C, TOGAF, or SABSA;
- Strong knowledge of security risk management practices including security architecture, vulnerability and patch management, identity access management (IAM), cloud security, privacy, etc.
- Experience implementing business resilience strategies to manage the impact of a cyber incidents, including designing and updating cybersecurity strategies, roadmaps, and target operating models within a business context.
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting cyber security strategies, solutions, and insights to stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience developing reports in a clear, organized structure, catering to a mix of technical and business/managerial stakeholders.
In British Columbia, the expected annual total compensation range for this position is $78,000 to $135,000. The determination of an applicant’s compensation within this range is based on the individual’s location, skills & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition to total compensation, KPMG also offers a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards program.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.