Manager, Credit Performance & Governance
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Report Development
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Looking to join a growing financial services team? Rogers Bank, a subsidiary of Canada's leading wireless, cable and media company, is expanding and seeking passionate individuals to develop and implement innovative financial solutions and experiences. The bank offers unique cash-back benefits and financing options for Rogers purchases using cutting-edge technology. Interested? Take the next step and consider this opportunity to make a meaningful impact with Rogers Bank.
As the Manager of Governance and Controls in Credit Operations, you will undertake a dual-faceted role. Your primary responsibility involves developing, overseeing, and ensuring the effective implementation of governance and control mechanisms within the department, ensuring compliance with both internal and external standards. This will offer you the unique opportunity to shape and define the governance and control framework from its inception. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in guiding business strategy by leveraging advanced analytics tools. Your analysis and insights will be key in informing strategic decisions, ensuring that operational strategies are not only compliant but also data-driven and aligned with evolving market and business trends. This combination of responsibilities positions you as a key player in both maintaining operational integrity and driving strategic innovation within Credit Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Risk Management Framework Development: Lead the creation of a dynamic risk management framework, focusing on establishing, monitoring, and adapting baseline reporting metrics to mitigate risks in line with business and regulatory changes.
- Advanced Analytics for Decision Making: Utilize tools like SAS/SQL, Python for data-driven strategic decision-making, refining governance and control frameworks.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conduct regular assessments to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within Credit Operations.
- Benchmarking and Compliance: Regularly update benchmarks for performance and compliance, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and regulatory standards.
- Policy Oversight and Strategic Liaison: Maintain compliance with credit policies and serve as a crucial link between Credit Collections and other departments.
- Strategic Integration and Collaboration: Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment in policies.
- Operational Efficiency and Performance Monitoring: Oversee KPI tracking, assessing operational efficiency and the effectiveness of collection strategies, ensuring that strategies are data-driven and aligned with market realities.
- Training and Continuous Improvement: Lead training initiatives and regularly audit credit processes to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Ad Hoc Support: Provide responsive, expert support for a variety of ad hoc projects and requests.
What You'll Bring:
- A Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Statistics, Math, Business, or a related field.
- Expertise in SAS/SQL, Python, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau).
- Minimum of 3 years in credit operations or risk management with experience in governance/control frameworks.
- At least 1 year of management experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience in performance analytics and forecasting (3-5 years).
- Leadership potential with collaborative abilities and strong presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment to provide results.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual, dedicated to follow-up/follow-through with little supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment. This includes being flexible in response to changing priorities and able to quickly adapt to new challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in predictive modeling and statistical forecast models for credit or marketing.
- Familiarity with billing platforms (e.g., V21, SGI, Maestro).
- Experience with Experian’s MarketSwitch Optimization software for strategic decision-making and optimization is a plus.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Report Development
Requisition ID: 301454
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Bank