Loss Prevention Manager
City : St. John's
Category : Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
DISTRICT LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER
The District Loss Prevention Manager are responsible for the loss prevention program in the district. They work a varied schedule and must be able to handle confidential information and work professionally at all times.
Typical career steps are to work in process improvement.
What you will do:
- Reviewing and maintaining the store’s security system
- Surveillance of all areas including perimeter checks
- Ensuring cycle counts are completed
- Presenting tips at team meetings and associate orientation
- Assisting in investigations with corporate security
What you will bring:
- Can work independently with high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Will travel to do store visits on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with investigations is an asset
- Knowledge of building supplies is an asset
- Experience with loss prevention or policing is required
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP Matching, and PTO benefits
- An opportunity to bring your unique personality and join our creative and fun store teams
- Continuous learning through a tailored development plan
- Growth and development opportunities through Kent and the greater J.D. Irving, Limited Organization
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.