Legal Counsel, Labour and Employment, CP4
City : Verdun, Quebec
Category : Corporate Services
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 408837
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Legal and Regulatory teams advance and help develop Bell’s corporate, legal and regulatory strategies by providing strategic advice and legal counsel, protecting Bell’s interests, and liaising with regulatory and government agencies.
Do you have 4+ years of experience in labour and employment law? Are you seasoned and skilled in arbitration hearings? Do you want to be the master of your file from A-Z and have the opportunity to shine in the courtroom? Do you want a challenging career that also offers work-life balance?
If your answer to those questions is “yes” then you may be the person we are looking for to join our in-house legal team.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of talented people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just another place to work, are getting frustrated with docketing your time and are not afraid of challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Legal Counsel will operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment providing legal advice and labour arbitration support to Bell Canada and its subsidiaries, across Canada, for all lines of business.
Based either in the GTA or Montreal, this role will collaborate closely with other Bell team members throughout Canada. The successful candidate will provide labour and employment legal support to various parts of Bell and its subsidiaries’ operations, and will be responsible for labour arbitrations and hearings in front of administrative tribunals.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Providing expert advice and direction in all areas of labour and employment law such as:
- Human rights matters
- Privacy matters
- Collective agreement interpretation
- Employment standards interpretation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Representing Bell Canada and its subsidiaries in mediation, arbitration and other hearings.
- 4+ years of experience in private practice or as in-house counsel;
- Significant labour and employment law experience, preferably in both unionized and non-union environments;
- Innovative leadership skills and proven ability to foster a collaborative team approach to decision making;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in negotiation, conflict resolution, litigation and dispute resolution skills;
- The ability to work independently on multiple files and prioritize them effectively while meeting deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication, and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong team player who enjoys working with multidisciplinary business groups in a dynamic environment to resolve a broad range of legal issues;
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented; and
- The ability to manage difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/02/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.