Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
City : Calgary
Category : Engineering/Technology
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you highly motivated, creative individual and passionate in working to design and support tools for pipeline inspection?
Are you a Lead Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Partner with the best
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems.
As a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing evaluation, design, analysis, test, and/or integration of individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adherence to business, industry, and regulatory standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements within cross-discipline/cross-functional teams
- Providing technical discipline leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project(s).
- Performing engineering administrative tasks as required including creation and/or review/approval of test plans, reports, and/or drawings.
- Managing tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems, and/or project(s).
- Participate in developing plans and resource estimates to complete project tasks or respond to product issues/problems.
- Working on hands-on product development projects of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations
- Conducting production testing and analysis
- Ensuring design adherence to business, industry, and regulatory standards, codes, & regulations
- Apply design principles for reliability, manufacturing, maintenance, and operability.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology.
- Registered P.Eng. with APEGA in good standing or eligibility to apply
- Have 3 years of experience with product design, product development, and evaluation for manufacturability including compliance & reliability fundamentals
- Have 3 years of machine design experience with complex equipment and/or systems
- Be able to generate and document technical data for projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Have advanced skills in CAD (3-D modeling and 2-D drafting) and Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment
- Display advanced problem-solving skills in applied mechanics, engineering design, and technology development
- Have the ability to manage tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems, and/or project(s)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple project tasks with changing priorities while meeting scope and schedule requirements
- Have experience with any of the following Windchill, CREO, Solidworks, Inventor, ANSYS Mechanical, Fluent, and/or Motion preferred
- Understand the application of global Codes and Standards applicable to the construction of inline inspection tools (ASME, CE, NACE, etc..) preferred.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Starting early / finishing early
- Starting late / finishing late
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.