Junior Structural Engineer / Engineer-in-Training
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As a Junior Structural Engineer / Engineer-in-Training you will be:
• Under the guidance of a senior engineer, designing modular and/or stick built steel structures, concrete foundations, and deep foundations for projects in a variety of industries.
• Incorporating health, safety, and environmental factors in design.
• Preparing and self-checking engineering calculations by hand and using computer software.
• Reviewing and implementing industry codes, project specifications, standard drawings, and design criteria.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and deliver cost effective and constructible designs.
• Working with 3D structural models in a comprehensive 3D environment.
• Checking 2D design drawings and 3D structural models.
• Supporting the project team with vendor and fabricator drawing reviews.
• Completing other tasks as assigned.