Junior Cost Engineer
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Project Controls FCCL Cost Lead, the successful candidate will perform Project Control activities and assists in the preparation of Project Controls activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in generating, checking, and analyzing data to ensure accuracy
• Maintain orderly records to provide audit trail data
• Use the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures to ensure that data are entered correctly into the Project Controls systems
• Develop cost reports format as required by internal or client requirements
• Prepare and update weekly work plans
• Assist in the preparation:
o Specialty schedules
o Project labor forecast
o Cash flows
o Project Income Statements and performs profit recognition activities
• Analyze current schedule/cost trends and identify potential problem areas
• Other duties as assigned