City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Archaeologist - ( 230001V4 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigour, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented and ambitious archaeologist. This is an entry level, temporary position based out of the Saskatoon office, but will include work northwestern Ontario as well.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in preliminary field reconnaissance surveys and archaeological impact assessments
- On the job training in archaeological geophysics
- Collect field data
- Participate in identifying and recording areas of archaeological potential, archaeological sites, and traditional use sites
- Assist in archaeological monitoring and excavations
- Manage field equipment
- Actively participate in Stantec’s HSSE programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Interest in cultural resource management
- Willingness to learn identification of archaeological artefacts and features, traditional use sites & features, and culturally modified trees
- Willingness to learn archaeological geophysics, mapping, pedestrian surveys, subsurface testing, excavation, analog and digital data collection
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture
- Able to work away from home/stay in hotels or camps for periods of up to 3 weeks and on rotation
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and Indigenous Nations
- May be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and maintain that status for the duration of employment based on specific client requirements
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is preferred
Education and Experience
A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Archaeology and/or work toward a Master’s degree. No experience required, but participation in an archaeological field school would be an asset. Previous cultural resource management experience is not required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1114 EnvSvcs-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 26, 2023, 11:31:08 AM
Req ID: 230001V4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans