City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Finance team, you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of daily production yield reporting by validating that all production information has been correctly transacted in SAP. You will interact frequently with people in various levels of the organization.
Both AM and PM shifts available.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Monitor and ensure completeness/accuracy of daily production transactions from Raw to Ready to Eat manufacturing processes
- Investigate and bring resolution to discrepancies in daily process order transactions as urgently and real time as possible
- Engage relevant production team on the transactional errors and work together to determine the corrections to be executed in MES (inventory control system)/SAP
- Ensure prior day’s transactions are fully complete by assigned deadline
- Build automated tools that improve the efficiency of the investigation/resolution execution process
- Work closely with the production team to understand root cause drivers of variances and required resolutions to be communicated to Operations & Finance teams
- Run daily performance reports to validate
- Completeness of transactions
- Financials accurately reflect actual performance on the floor daily
- Work closely with MES team and Operations personnel daily to ensure all WIP inventory is as accurate and timely as possible
- Where relevant communicate/escalate findings of write off risks and slow-moving items to finance
- Consistently leverage opportunities to educate hourly/salaried team members on the correct transactional process to be followed when significant transactional errors occur
- Assist with annual Direct Product Cost Budget process
- Ad hoc Finance Department support/requests
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in a finance/business/data analytic related program is required
- Manufacturing / costing experience in an ERP environment preferred
- Strong analytic and advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to provide suggestions and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non-financial functions
- Familiarity with SAP is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
- Strong ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work and managing changing priorities
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.