Intermediate Irrigation Engineer
City : LETHBRIDGE
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Irrigation Engineer - ( 2400011L )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
An opportunity currently exists for an Intermediate Irrigation Engineer in Lethbridge, Alberta. The right candidate will have technical skills that can be applied towards the delivery of water conveyance projects related to irrigation and irrigation planning for government, municipal, and private sector clients. Projects may include greenfield infrastructure, expansion/upgrades to existing systems, and rehabilitation. It is expected that the successful candidate will have knowledge and experience working on similar projects.
As an Intermediate Irrigation Engineer tasks will include but are not limited to undertaking engineering studies, engineering design and document preparation, and related field work or investigations as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of engineering reports, drawings, and specifications related to irrigation planning and design and other related water conveyance projects.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary project teams, clients or other consultants.
- Undertake field work or field investigations where required.
- Assist in proposal preparation where required.
- Mentoring, training and/or supervision of junior engineers.
- Attend in house and formal training sessions to ensure continuing professional development.
- Adhere to Stantec’s Environmental Health and Safety protocols and processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven irrigation system planning and design experience.
- Experience on other related water conveyance projects considered an asset.
- Understanding of all phases of project implementation, and strong understanding of engineering design processes.
- Understanding of soil water relationships
- Experienced with hydraulic analysis/modeling.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills.
- Collaborative in nature, with ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office software suite. Experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Experience with design software and tools such as AutoCAD Civil3D is an asset.
- Experience with hydraulic/hydrologic modeling software (MikeUrban, PCSWMM, StormCAD, WaterCAD, XPSWMM, etc.) is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Your Education and Experience
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience working on water conveyance projects, with a strong emphasis on irrigation planning and design.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Registered as a P.Eng with APEGA in the Province of Alberta.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements, including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 1, 2024, 2:54:46 PM
Req ID: 2400011L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans