Intermediate Electrical Engineer – Power Distribution
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Electrical Engineer - Power Distribution - ( 23000219 )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Full-time position for a Distribution Engineer (Intermediate level) to join our T&D team. The selected individual will be part of our Distribution team based out of the Waterloo, Ontario office. Reporting to the T&D Team lead.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with the distribution team with engineering and design services for power distribution line projects at various stages (from conceptual design to construction).
- Performing design and drafting tasks following industry codes and client standards for overhead and underground distribution.
- Modeling and analysis of distribution lines and structures based on SpidaCAL and/or PLS-CADD.
- Work with the project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports.
- Performing site visits as required.
- Prepare cost estimating.
- Implementing sustainable design principles.
- Supporting distribution teams on overhead lines and underground projects.
- Performs electrical design using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the coordination of the project as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Lead.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to interpret drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Ability to review and interpret technical, regulatory, and legal information.
- Ability to plan, design, review, approve & stamp drawings, engineering studies and technical reports.
- Expert knowledge of regulations pertaining to distribution systems (CSA, ANSI.
- Ability to effectively represent the interest of the organization, resolve conflicts, build strong business relationships, and persuade various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advance skills in MS Office, as well as various engineering design, information, and reporting.
- AutoCAD experience is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- P. Eng. designation with a 10 year minimum of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Central
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 8, 2023, 8:43:52 AM
Req ID: 23000219
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans