Intermediate Bridge Engineer
City : ALBERTA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Bridge Engineer - ( 240000EC )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists for a Bridge Engineer to become part of a dynamic Transportation Engineering group in our Edmonton, Alberta office. Stantec’s Transportation Team has a strong local presence but also participates in some of Stantec’s largest and most complex transportation projects. These projects encompass the entire life of the facility – from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction oversight. Are you excited by and passionate about this interesting and challenging field of engineering?
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Bridge Engineer in our Alberta based Transportation Group, you will be responsible for assisting senior bridge engineers and design teams in the following areas:
- Execution and delivery of projects including structural analysis, load evaluation, planning, preliminary design and detail design for a variety of transportation structures including pedestrian, highway, transit, and rail.
- Development of structural rehabilitation, strengthening and replacement strategies
- Perform basic and more advanced calculations and structural analysis/modeling using company standard software and/or proprietary manufacturer software
- Preparing contract drawings, design details, specifications, cost estimates, and reports for various bridge types and other transportation structures
- Mentoring junior bridge engineers and bridge technologists
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in our multi-disciplined design office
- Coordination with sub-consultants
- Undertaking bridge, culvert and other structural inspections to assess condition
- Construction administration and resident engineering
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced understanding of structural design and analysis concepts and methods
- Working knowledge of relevant bridge design codes, particularly CHBDC
- Familiarity with the Alberta Transportation bridge design criteria, construction specifications, inspection and construction administration manuals, and standard drawings.
- Experience with structural modelling and design software such as SAP2000, CSiBridge, or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, to engage in creative and critical thought, and to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, and other documentation associated with a typical variety of structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic attitude with interest in skills development and continual improvement
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, focusing on structural engineering, with preference for individuals with a Master’s degree.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a minimum of 5 years of bridge-related work experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1136 Transpt-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 30, 2024, 1:07:49 PM
Req ID: 240000EC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans