City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to apply diverse and complex engineering constructs to propose new methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Work on projects of broad and diverse scope for HSE activities on medium to large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include preparation of design HSE deliverables, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and execution of project specific HSE activities
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance to project management; assist in monitoring implementation of design HSE requirements stipulated in applicable codes and HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and review the project design to confirm compliance with all HSE requirements
• Prepare scope of work, plan, perform and document work requiring evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of diverse and complex techniques, procedures and criteria, for example, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against diverse and complex project needs so that design will comply with regulations
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Establish complex HSE design/performance criteria and specifications for executing work and reviews the project regularly to confirm compliance with Company, client and governing authorities
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned