HSE Data Management, Tracking & Reporting Administrator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to work on problems of limited scope by assisting and supporting the Company’s Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) professionals with their objective of creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimizing HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Reviewing all environmental incident reports, compiling, and analyzing monthly statistics
• Knowledge of basic statistics and command of basic math skills
• Providing orientation on the Occupational Health and Safety program to new teammates
• Participating, or leading, related task forces and committees
• Assisting in the administration and further development of HSE Policy, Manuals, Standards, Procedures, and Safe Work Practices
• Maintaining a system for recording, reporting, and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences. Provide statistical summaries to the Health and Safety Committee and draw attention to significant trends and occurrences
• Conducting audits, inspections and participate in site investigations
• Conducting safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment
• Inspecting and evaluating workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
• Inspecting specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies
• Receiving and investigating all reports of accidents, incidents, near misses and illnesses, and determining their causes and making recommendations for improving prevention and controls
• Carrying out hazard assessments of work functions and assisting with the implementation of hazard controls
• Advanced practical application knowledge in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
• Proficient in taking meeting minutes and dictation
• Understanding prioritization of tasks and when to ask for assistance
• Environmental background desired (basic understanding of soils, water and fishery habitats).
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills required.
• Ability to proofread reports and memorandums.
• Gather and analyze industry-wide HSE-related information and data as directed by supervisor for review and possible application
• Other duties as assigned and required
• Project site/field working conditions
• Onsite-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles and various levels of outside weather