HCM Admin – Payroll Processing
City : Halifax
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting Services helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create newsources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entireenterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform theway we live and work.
As a PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll Functional Analyst, you will act as a functional expert in the implementation, upgrade and support of PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll to guide the design, configuration, setup and testing of the PeopleSoft application. You will also lead fit/gap sessions, make recommendations on best practices, solve complex business process issues, and interact with the technical team to define system specifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing system-related documentation, e.g., business requirements, fit/gap analysis, functional specifications, training materials, and user manuals and be able to work with clients at all organizational levels to define business processes and provide advice on the use of PeopleSoft to support business requirements. As well as being self motivated and able to work fully independently, the ideal candidate is a team player who will cooperate and collaborate with other team members to produce optimum solutions. Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere Oracle implementer in Canada.
- Experience in a senior consulting role with a PeopleSoft installation that implemented the HCM modules within North America.
- Candidates must have specific experience with Canada and/or US Functional core HCM, Benefits Administration, and Base Benefits, or Payroll and/or Time and Labour.
- Experience in configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and support to the user for the enabling PeopleSoft Finance applications and related technology.
- Familiar with the native integration in PeopleSoft HCM solutions.
- Functional knowledge and experience in PeopleSoft version 8.9 or later release.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced and dynamic workplace.
- Exposure to and understanding of consulting services.
- Proven record in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment and embrace IBM values.
- Experience in using data modeling tools or other flowcharting software.
- Experience with facilitating and mapping present and future business processes and user requirements.
- Ability to bring innovative solutions to client challenges, combining optimal processes and products.
- Certification for the PeopleSoft HCM product suite.
- Consulting experience with another professional services organization.
- Experience in managing projects and training initiatives.
- Ability to lead diverse teams representing business and technical areas.
- Attainment of certification designation (i.e. CHRP or CHRM) or Canadian Payroll Certification (CPA levels I, II, or III)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- One to Two (1-2) years of ERP batch processing experience;
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills including understanding of ERP processes;
- Plan and execute changes for special processing;
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PeopleSoft experience;
- Payroll processing;
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.