Global Benefits Programs & Projects Consultant
City : Ottawa
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Global Benefits Programs & Projects Consultant - ( 2300050Y )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Human Resources.
We are looking for a Global Benefits Programs & Projects Consultant to join our passionate, collaborative and results-driven team. As part of the HR Talent Services team of subject matter experts focused on the employee experience, the Global Benefits Programs & Projects Consultant will manage all business travel and expat benefit programs, partner with global HR partners to work on global benefit projects as needed and manage North American paid time off programs with additional projects to be identified as we continue to evolve.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage and lead our expat and business travel benefit programs to ensure we are providing high quality benefits and experience for our employees.
- Coordinating and overseeing the delivery and quality of expat and business travel services, including enrollment, claims, reporting, and compliance.
- Negotiate and manage contracts and relationships with expat and business travel providers, brokers, and vendors.
- Support benefit renewals around the globe as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of benefit offerings worldwide and create synergies where possible across the globe.
- Conduct market research and benchmarking as necessary to identify best practices and trends in global employee benefits to inform benefit decisions.
- Partner with local benefit teams to develop and present proposals and recommendations for benefit program design, funding, administration, and communication.
- Provide ongoing consulting and support to internal HR teams on global benefit issues and queries.
- Stay updated on global benefit regulations, legislation, and market developments and communicate appropriately internally.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, such as HR, finance, legal, tax, and payroll teams, as well as regional and local benefit consultants.
- Manage the North American paid time off programs such as sick, vacation, bereavement, provincial and state sick leaves.
- Lead various projects related to Benefits as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and strong focus on employee experience.
- Ability to lead a variety of projects from start to finish (e.g., needs identification and assessment, modeling and analysis, solution design, and implementation).
- Process improvement-oriented.
- Flexible and proactive problem solver.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of initiative and accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and quality, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with global benefit systems and tools.
- Fluency in English, and preferably one or more additional languages.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- A professional certification or designation in global benefits, such as the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or the Global Benefits Management (GBM) credential is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience, preferably with exposure to multiple regions and markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of global benefit products, practices, and regulations.
- Proficient in benefits software and systems, such as HRIS, payroll, and benefits enrollment platforms.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required from time to time, expected at 10%.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $76,100 - $110,300 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1197 HR Talent Services-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 18, 2023, 4:52:02 AM
Req ID: 2300050Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans