First Nations/Métis/Inuit – ER Manager – Indigenous Peoples Hybrid
City : Abbotsford, BC, CA
Category : Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relatio
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193269
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Measure Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nations, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Turtle Island or North America should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group.
Employee Relations Managers contribute to the overall success of the Employee Relations (ER) and Labour Relations (LR) business strategy and objectives. Managers are responsible for investigating and finalizing medium/high risk cases in support of designated business lines/subsidiaries/countries and ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, Bank policies, and processes.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Independently manages cases
- Acts as a subject matter expert and provides value-added advice and coaching on employment related issues to employees, People Managers and HR Business Partners ensuring global consistency and alignment to established governing regulations, Bank policies, and processes to avoid precedent-setting outcomes
- Conducts formal investigations into allegations of serious misconduct both independently and/or in collaboration with the Employment Law Group (e.g., harassment, discrimination, violence) and Corporate Security (e.g., criminal activities, breaches of privacy and confidentiality)
- Leads employee interviews, often engaging in contentious dialogue to analyze the facts of situations; writes investigative reports and presents findings and recommendations to Senior Leadership to mitigate legal risk to the Bank
- Works in collaboration with HR Business Partners in planning the end-to-end delivery of strategic initiatives (e.g., reorganizations impacting a large employee population); identifies trends and provides insights to Senior Leadership and HR Business Partners to contribute to the HR strategy (e.g., control breakdowns, talent strategy)
- Promotes and supports a seamless and consistent experience for employees and People Managers with ER/LR issues and concerns; updates and maintains accurate information in the ER/LR case file to ensure defensibility against potential litigation
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions, ensuring teams meets obligations while respecting operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk, and conduct risk (including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct)
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Relationship focused, highly collaborative, and results-oriented
- Ability to pivot with ease between priorities
- A desire to lead people to be their best or similar leadership criteria
- An interviewing and/or consultative background would be a strong asset
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit and Métis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
- $10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
- Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
- Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Abbotsford || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Courtenay || Canada : British Columbia : Kamloops || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.