FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 44696
- Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
- Division & Section: Housing Secretariat, Finance & Business Services
- Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (12 months) vacancy
- Salary: $78,234 - $98,571 annually
- Shift Information: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 9-Feb-2024 to 26-Feb-2024
The Financial Systems Analyst will have an understanding of financial analysis and reporting to review and process various financial documents submitted by non-profit housing providers in accordance with pre-established standards and routines.
Your primary responsibilities as a Financial Systems Analyst will be varied. Working as part of a team reporting to a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Performs research and prepares community housing operating budget and variance report
- Conduct financial analysis and provide recommendations on financial matters to Housing Stability Services Unit staff and management
- Review financial documents submitted by non-profit housing providers for completeness and accuracy
- Process and review subsidy requests submitted by non-profit housing providers with reference to established guidelines and review procedures
- Process and review payments to ensure alignment with service agreements and approved Council reports
- Reviews payments request from agencies to determine accuracy, availability of funds and compliance with funding agreement and City’s policy and procedures
- Maintains and update life-to-date files for grants to report on availability of funds
- Participate in reviews of housing provider operations including on-site reviews Draft communications to non-profit housing providers regarding financial and program compliance matters
- Assist with the review of housing provider operations and compliance with the Housing Services Act (HSA), Rent Geared-to-Income (RGI) Service Agreement, City Guidelines and other contractual obligations with the City
- Assist with the review of development and maintenance requests that propose changes to the information technology systems used to manage the business relationship with
- service providers
- Assist with the development of reports and analytical tools to monitor service
- provider compliance with legislated and contractual obligations
- Liaises with the Unit, external contacts and board of directors and auditors.
- Reviews audited financial statements together with auditors' reports/related financial reporting documents for completeness, compliance and accuracy of accounting information
- Attends meetings to provide and clarify financial information and resolve issues
- A degree in accounting, financial management or business administration or equivalent. Possession of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred.
- Considerable experience in the preparation of budgets, forecast, complex financial statements and analysis.
- Considerable experience in accounting and computer-based accounting systems.
- Experience conducting financial and/or program compliance audits independently.
- Ability to work independently in a demanding, fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- General understanding of the principles and practices employed in the effective financial analysis of business and government operations.
- General understanding of financial reporting and financial statements including non- profit reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.