City : Bedford, Nova Scotia
Category : Corporate Services
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 373381
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The candidate will actively participate in the development of the financial plan, monitor performance and analyse key drivers of the financial results for the Network group.
- The candidate will report to the Senior Manager – Network Finance
- Primary portfolios will be district expense management within the Network business unit
- Analyze and present monthly results, providing explanations to key variances to various levels of management in the Operations and Finance
- Consolidation of total forecasts
- Keep the team focused on delivery of financial targets
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget
- Perform value added variance analysis as part of the reporting process
- Provide financial evaluation and recommendations regarding issues within the budget
- Through analysis and collaboration, influence the achievement of the financial objectives
- Interface with other finance groups to address information requirements, business issues and roadblocks.
- Ability to analyze results, identify underlying business trends and develop recommendations for future actions in conjunction with key stakeholders (Business Acumen)
- Strong team orientation and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of SAP, and excellent skills in Excel and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of autonomy, dynamic
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Has a transformation mindset
Preferred qualifications / Competencies:
- Strong analytical and logical skills, Strong sense of autonomy and management of ambiguous situations
- Strong background in Network and/or Finance (2-3 years of relevant experience)
- Professional Accounting Designation or working towards certification, (CMA, CA or CGA) is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Network Provisioning and Operations groups and processes
- Knowledge of BI and BPC
- Bilingual (English & French) is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/19/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.