Expert Banking Advisor
City : POINTE-CLAIRE, Quebec, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
**This is an opportunity for candidates to express their interest in current and future Financial Advisor positions in the following locations: North-west region of Montreal. Qualified applicants will be contacted to review their resume in more detail**
What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Financial Advisor, you attract, nurture, and grow relationships with our high-value personal and small business clients, by adding value in the moments that matter to them. You provide our clients with proactive, professional advice and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients with their goals and key life events. As an expert advisor, you have a breadth and depth of expertise across everyday banking, investments and credit, with the ability to fulfill on a robust Advice Experience on both complex personal and business needs.
What will you do?
- Consistently demonstrate empathy, kindness and take the time to understand circumstances, motivators and concerns in all interactions with colleagues and clients
- Communicate effectively to uncover client needs, deliver client centric advice, solutions and proactively resolve client concerns at first point of contact
- Use your own advice capabilities, an those of the right partner in the RBC ecosystem to meet our clients entire suite of financial needs, both personal and business
- Provide professional advice and education with an ability to address complex credit and investments, ensuring solutions recommended are appropriate for client needs and financial circumstances
- Champion digital enablement by proactively educating our clients to self-serve, while leading with advice, serving through digital where possible and encouraging our clients to interact with us in their channel of choice.
- Make good use of technology to connect with clients both virtually and face to face
- Implement effective contact and relationship building strategies, that accelerate new client acquisition and retention in your local community
- Collaborate with market-leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, mortgages, and business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized and relevant expert advice
What do you need to succeed?
- Valid Mutual Funds accreditation (Investment Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course)
- Completed Certificate of Achievement – Personal Finance, offered through the Canadian Securities Institute (i.e. Fundamentals of Personal Finance – Quebec, Investment and Taxation Fundamentals – Quebec, Insurance and Retirement – Quebec)
- 1-2 years of proven sales experience in the financial services industry, handling credit and investments
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain long-term client relationships
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Must be fluent in French
- Second language skill
- Active in developing a solid network in the local community
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Career development and top-notch sales coaching to take your career to the next level
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and recognition programs that reward top performance
- Strong suite of tools, including emerging digital capability to enhance your competitive edge
- Opportunity to represent Canada’s leading financial services brand in your community
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.