Executive Director, Strategy, Governance & Architecture
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, STRATEGY, GOVERNANCE & ARCHITECTURE:
($144,892 - $170,461 Annually)
Reporting to the Vice President, Information Management & Technology, the Executive Director, Strategy, Governance & Architecture is accountable for driving strategic initiatives, implementing business improvements, and ensuring effective governance and architecture within the Commission. He/she/they oversees a team of staff to support the IMT branch’s transformational change, enhance performance and develop technology strategies to align with the overall organizational goals. The position is responsible for branch planning, performance management, technology governance, policy development, risk management, strategic planning, and enterprise architecture oversight. He/she/they represents the branch in key corporate initiatives related to equity, diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and reconciliation.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Extensive experience in managing a medium-sized technology department, developing technology and business strategy, managing a technology risk management program, and applying governance and compliance principles, frameworks, and standards including any legal requirements
- Considerable experience in managing an Enterprise Architecture program and developing and implementing IT governance structures
- Sound experience in managing and implementing IT performance management and metrics
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of governance, risk and compliance
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, project management and organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed consultative, facilitation, consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to drive, coach and motivate staff in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and with all levels of staff
- Ability to develop good partnership with key executives and stakeholders and work effectively
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Please note that this excluded management position is a new position created by the employer. This created position is subject to the provisions of article 3.2 of the BCGEU Administrative/Clerical Division collective agreement. This article requires the employer and the BCGEU to reach a mutual agreement as to the exclusion status of the position which is currently outstanding. The permanent excluded status of this position remains outstanding and may be established as a BCGEU position. Pay, benefits, and terms of conditions of employment may be affected by this change.
Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.