Executive Assistant, Tax
City : Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax, the Executive Assistant, Tax is responsible for administrative support of the Tax group as well as the VP. The successful candidate is a proactive problem-solver who is keen to learn new skills and apply those skills to best support their leadership team.
The vision of the Tax team is to be recognized as a strategic partner to Teck’s business that enables and supports financial performance, drives efficiency and effectiveness through leading technology and innovative process improvements, and promotes consistent and collaborative behaviours in support of our people’s performance, learning and development. With a number of strategic initiatives underway, including the enterprise-wide Renewed Business Systems and Finance Transformation programs, now is an exciting time to join a team of impactful tax professionals as we design and implement new and innovative ways of working together. Our success is defined by bringing value in a way that meets the needs of the company, our shareholders, communities and partners.
Teck is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to a healthy and positive work environment. Our team is passionate about encouraging a workplace where everyone is included, valued and equipped for the future. In 2021, Teck was proud to be selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the fourth year in a row, and also named as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
This is a hybrid role requiring some on-site (3 days) and remote work.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate dedication to Teck’s Purpose and Values
- Provide support and leadership for our tax information and data management strategy including maintenance of our Tax SharePoint sites (“TeckDocs” and “ICFR”)
- Handle assignments involving confidential matters with the utmost care, attention and respect
- Maintain, update, schedule and revise the appointment schedule/calendar of the VP and Tax leadership team of four
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President, Tax, and broader Tax team
- Draft and prepare, edit, sort, and file documents as required including correspondence, presentations, reports, project related activities, meeting agendas and other assignments
- Coordinate meetings, conferences and workshops. Manage calendars and assist with events. Coordinate office meeting rooms including scheduling room availability, coordinating catering and maintaining meeting room status.
- Arrange and coordinate travel and accommodations (international and domestic) for team members whilst collaborating closely with external contacts. Procure visas where required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Prepare monthly expense reports including coding of internal costs. Administer and process invoices, analyze and reconcile corporate credit card transactions.
- Support the coordination and compilation of materials for the Audit Committee of the Board Meetings
- Provide support for Tax policies, standards and procedures and maintain related logs/trackers
- Plan and deliver various projects and critical initiatives for the department as assigned
- Assist the Tax team on minor tax compliance including data input and coordination of return submissions
- Maintain Tax professional group memberships and subscriptions
- Maintain external and internal email distribution lists
- At least 5 years of previous experience in a Senior Administrative role in a finance or tax environment, primarily supporting senior leaders
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Past experience with transformation or modernization programs is ideal, but not required
- Ability to assist with or knowledge of tax compliance or simple tax returns is helpful, or a desire to learn
- Diploma in Business Administration is preferred but not required
- Agile mentality: open to learning new skills, flexible, adaptable, always looking for ways to improve processes
- Organized approach to support document control and filing of hard copy and electronic records, primarily within SharePoint
- Ability to efficiently operate and maintain modern office equipment (e.g. computer, networks, copiers, printers)
- Considerable savvy with technology including sophisticated proficiency in: Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Chrome, SharePoint, MS Teams
- Experience updating organizational charts in Excel
- Experience coordinating global meetings and travel
- Professional: discreet, confidential, and highly organized
- Multitasker: able to support multiple clients with comprehensive preparations for travel, meetings and other support requirements
- Flexible: able to adapt responsibilities based on fast-paced, changing environments and requirements (i.e. sudden meeting changes or travel requirements)
- Detail orientated: strong attention to detail, highly organized self-starter
- Communicator: good written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with team members at all levels of responsibility as well as external parties while maintaining consistency, professionalism and diplomacy
- Punctual: able to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Independent: works under minimal direction with independent judgement and action exercised within established guidelines
- Capable of working independently and within a team for best results
- Ability to know and understand standard processes
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.