City : CAN - AB - Edmonton
Category : ADM-Administration
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title : Executive Assistant
Employee Working Location : Office/In-Person (Edmonton, AB)
Employment status : Temporary Full time (12 Months)
Salary band : $55,288 - $69,110/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2024 - is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will provide direct and attentive support and administrative assistance to the Vice President, AB & NT, and related Leadership Team functions. They will also provide leadership and oversight on key administrative functions within the geography.
In this role, you will :
- Efficiently and thoroughly manage VP’s calendars, including scheduling internal/external meetings, resolving scheduling conflicts and preparing necessary documents and meeting material.
- Attend meetings with the VP, as required, takes meeting minutes as required, prepares final notes, actions items and records of decision, within a timely manner.
- Have direct management oversight of certain administrative functions within the geography, including supervision of related administrative personnel, inclusive of staff, summer students and admin volunteers.
- Provide administrative assistance as directed by the Director to support programs, initiatives, projects and development activities including preparing reports, managing files, correspondence, phone calls and coordinating administrative projects.
- Ensure that new and existing operational systems are implemented and run in a comprehensive, reliable, and efficient manner. This may include mail systems, Papercut, donations and petty cash processing and reconciliation, phone and communication systems, and tasks related to facilities and fleets.
- Manage administrative supports for the Occupational Health and Safety committee with filing quarterly site inspections, ensure team compliance in training, ensures site OHS bulletin boards are kept current, attends meetings for minute taking and other related supports as required.
- Develop and manage a geographical SharePoint business support site. Will ensure updated accurate information sharing at all times.
- Coordinate all logistical, onboarding and orientation requirements of new Leadership Team and Admin/Business Support employees alongside the relevant hiring manager.
- Develop and implement special projects including, but not limited to, meetings, operational planning, hosting delegations and events as assigned. This includes developing detailed project plans, helping assemble resources, measuring and assessing performance, and consulting and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What we are looking for :
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a college degree in office administration or a related field and four or more years’ experience in a senior administrative role. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience managing or coordinating an office environment and experience providing support to a VP or equivalent is an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and systems in a fast-paced environment. Is self directed.
- Is client focused and team focused, demonstrating support to the whole organization; works well with all team members. Supervisory experience and training are an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with a CRM database and MS Dynamics AX software, Adobe Acrobat Professional, SharePoint and Smartsheet is required.
- Fluency in English.
Working conditions :
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is safe and comfortable, in an office environment.
- Travel within the Province and Territory may very occasionally be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.