Environmental Project Manager – North
City : Red Deer
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Project Manager – North - ( 2400006S )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic environmental professional looking to advance their career as an Environmental Project Manager within our growing Site Investigation and Remediation (SIR) team. The successful candidate will manage environmental site assessment, remediation, and risk assessment and management projects within our federal business sector, focusing on northern environments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop detailed scopes of work and cost estimates to execute Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and contaminated site investigations (i.e., Phase II ESAs) in soil, groundwater, surface water, and soil vapor.
- Work with other technical professionals and subcontractors to develop remedial options analysis and risk assessment / management strategies.
- Develop detailed scopes of work and cost estimates to execute chosen remedial strategies and coordinate with subcontractors.
- Monitor project scope of work progression, project spend, and project schedule.
- As required, conduct and/or lead field work on complex projects and mentor field staff on field execution.
- Liaise with field staff and technical discipline leaders during project execution.
- Analyze and interpret project data and prepare technical reports that meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintain positive client relationships and communicate project status on a routine basis.
- Participate in marketing and business development activities and initiatives, contribute to proposal preparation in collaboration with other Stantec disciplines.
- Interface with other Stantec departments and promote SIR services.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other project managers to properly resource all SIR projects.
- Participate and/or lead regular project meetings.
- Prioritize safety, create and lead a positive safety culture on all projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of project management as related to environmental investigations and remediation.
- Strong understanding of the Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan process.
- Strong understanding of Canadian and Federal Environmental Quality Guidelines.
- Familiarity with investigation methods for Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Experience with site investigation and remediation techniques in permafrost environments.
- Strong technical aptitude and technical writing ability.
- Ability to manage people while overseeing project.
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically.
- Ability to prioritize work and make responsible decisions that can be defended.
- Travel may be required for the purpose of overseeing field crews, participating in off-site meetings, or training.
Education and Experience
Degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related field.
Professional designation (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, P.Ag., etc.) or the ability to attain within one year of hire date.
Minimum five (5) years of experience delivering technical site investigation and remediation solutions on projects.
Demonstrated commitment to health and safety policies and procedures.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
T_ _his description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without n otice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Medicine Hat, Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife, Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Alberta, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 16, 2024, 10:03:25 AM
Req ID: 2400006S
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans