City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Equipment Operators
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: January 31, 2024
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Entry Level/Labour. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities. The successful candidate would potentially perform a variety of duties including physical labour, janitorial duties, operating equipment, and steam bay duties.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of a team, and has a willingness to learn and grow.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Perform a variety of duties including physical labour, janitorial duties, operating equipment, and steam bay duties
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Perform heavy lifting in a safe manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Previous heavy equipment operations or industrial experience is considered an asset
Wage Range: $64,000 - $82,000
At Teck, we believe in fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where every individual is treated with respect. We aim to create an environment of trust and accountability, where both current and prospective team members can confidently engage in discussions about their employment and compensation that will contribute to our shared success. Providing remuneration details illustrates our commitment to transparent and equitable compensation practices.
As Canada’s largest diversified mining company, Teck is committed to providing the world with essential resources safely and sustainably. We have a rich history of consistently driving innovation, harnessing cutting-edge technology, and cultivating a dynamic environment that empowers our employees to shape the future.