Enterprise Risk Management Advisor
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT ADVISOR:
($75,310.90 - $85,593.47 Annually)
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the Enterprise Risk Management Advisor supports the development and delivery of the enterprise risk management framework for the Commission. He/she/they manages enterprise-wide risk management programs, supports and facilitates risk identification, and conducts risk monitoring and reporting including the preparation of reports for BC Housing Executive, Board and Committees of the Board. The position also provides strategic advice across the Commission and represents the corporate risk management planning and reporting function on various committees and task forces as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Political Studies or another relevant field.
- Completion of Risk Management Certification.
- Considerable experience in leading and managing risk identification and strategic risk analysis processes, preparing enterprise risk management documents, and supporting senior level management with an emphasis on strategic planning and issues resolution.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of risk management, corporate governance, research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, policy analysis and project/program management
- Sound knowledge of best practices in advancing strategy and policy in support of marginalized communities with cultural competency.
- Ability to learn and understand the legislation, organization, strategic direction, programs, policies and procedures of BC Housing
- Ability to analysing problems and identifying weaknesses and conflicts in policies and procedures
- Ability to apply an intersectional approach to work analyses using a Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) tool and applying the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to provide leadership and advice, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with high profile, sensitive and urgent matters
- Ability to utilize judgment in presenting issues, and provide leadership, direction, and influence in facilitating appropriate courses of action
- Demonstrates agility by proactively and continuously seeking out better ways to operate, faster, quicker and more intelligently.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and share the feelings of another and provide effective feedback.
- Ability to construct reports and presentations to ensure clear and effective communications employing best practices in formatting and design.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with staff, management/senior management, Executive, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate a social equity analysis
- Ability to apply a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to generate and articulate creative new ideas/processes, and develop, plan, facilitate and coordinate their execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project from idea to execution, proactively identify risks, emerging risks, issues while managing multiple inputs and priorities
- Ability to independently solve problems using qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated professional and interpersonal communication skills across a range of channels (written, oral, presentation) and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
- Effective consultative, facilitation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving abilities, and organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and information graphics, dashboard and collaborative software, including Excel and PowerPoint, Tableau, InDesign, Power BI, Mural etc.