Engineer in Training
City : RED DEER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Engineer in Training - ( 230004EF )
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or watershed level— thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Our Red Deer office has an opportunity for a Civil EIT to join our group and help to support and grow our Water business. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, field work, coordination of simple tasks, and meeting attendance and recording. The smaller projects that an entry level civil engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features. In general, an entry level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments. The successful candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Eager to learn, a desire to take initiative
- The drive to embrace continuous improvement as they develop in their career
- Demonstrate a willingness to strive for excellence in all aspects of their work activities
- Finds it personally rewarding to successfully meet and overcome challenges
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build client relationships
- Flexibility to work beyond regular business hours when needed
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Your Key Responsibilities
- This role will be supporting multi-disciplinary municipal civil projects, related to existing or construction and infrastructure renewal as well as work occurring in a rural setting
- Detailed studies and design tasks associated with water related projects including site civil, conveyance and water resources projects
- Documenting the analysis clearly in MS Excel and MS Word files
- Writing reports and design briefs
- Taking responsibility for the quality of your written, technical, and graphic work, and for completing work on-time and on-budget
- Coordinating design drawings and specification development
- Attending internal, client and contractor meetings and documenting the meetings with minutes
- Contract Administration as required for a wide variety of construction projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a background in Civil Engineering (preferably in the water and wastewater discipline), from an accredited university.
- Registration with APEGA as a member in training.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects and adjust to changing demands
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
- A strong knowledge of municipal infrastructure design and construction will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working with municipalities will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working one-on-one with clients, or public speaking will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of various software for planning and design of facilities (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D/Pipe Networks, ArcView GIS) will be considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Registered with APEGA as an EIT
- Related Co-op/Internship experience preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 25, 2023, 3:27:38 PM
Req ID: 230004EF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans