City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for complying with estimating procedures when developing project estimates. The individual may participate in identifying estimating improvement techniques. In this role, the individual acts autonomously on small projects. The individual will also be assigned to provide estimating support on larger projects, which may require the lead estimator to be responsible for the work product. This is considered to still be a learning position when developing engineering, procurement, and construction cost estimates. This position will require moderate supervision when developing estimates for Indirect, Escalation, Contingency, and Other Costs.
Under administrative direction, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordination and limited direction of estimating functions to provide high-quality estimates to senior estimators in a timely manner, in which the information is reconcilable to source data
• Develop valid project coding structures and work packages for the scope of work
• Design or assist in the design of a Work Breakdown Structure that is suitable for capturing all cost components
• Self-check of their work and that of subordinates, if applicable, to ensure accuracy
Some of the basic tasks frequently performed in this position include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the development of Discipline Material Take-Offs, Material Pricing, and Labour Effort-hour Units for estimates and change orders
• Coordinate information exchange between the Engineering, Purchasing, and Construction groups
• Participate in the development of the Project Execution Plan, estimate basis and procedures
• Develops and maintains project-level and control-level estimating schedules
• Provide proposal and study support
• Maintain established Specialty Estimating Systems, Procedures and Manuals
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will maintain a current understanding of estimating techniques by researching new publications that impact the industry and maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations, software vendors and other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM) industry as well as client representatives.