Electrical Engineer – New Graduate
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
• Preparing Electrical Equipment Specifications and Data Sheets, and handling Request for Quotation (RFQ), or Material Requisition (MR) packages
• Involved with Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), and communicating with vendors to collect data and footprints for equipment
• Working on Engineering work packages, Schematic and Wiring block diagrams and Power & Control layouts
• Providing input on substation/electrical room layouts
• Coordinating with other engineering disciplines on project design
• Involved with power system simulation of electrical distribution systems , other electrical design software packages, and data management packages
Electrical engineering new grads have several career paths with Fluor depending on the specific persons’ interest and aptitude:
• Develop into Lead Electrical Engineer responsible for complete Engineering and Design
• Develop into a Technical Expert Electrical Engineer (Subject Matter Expert/Fellow) in your field of experience
• Develop into Engineering Managers on projects directing entire Engineering efforts or develop into Project Engineers and Project Managers.
• Develop into Engineering Support and Project Control roles in the project team