Electrical Engineer- Intermediate- Mining
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The electrical group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, others disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
The engineer is responsible for electrical engineering and design development of projects in the mineral processing industry. The engineer may act as a project lead engineer and will be responsible for the project’s discipline engineers and designers.
Under general supervision:
- Perform and check electrical calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques
- Prepare electrical equipment specifications, data sheets and technical bid evaluations for equipment such as power transformers, medium and low voltage switchgear, medium voltage starters, motor control centres, variable frequency drives, large synchronous and induction motors, electrowinning rectifiers and power factor correction capacitors
- Check and review vendor data and drawings from other disciplines
- Provide assistance to the Lead Engineer in the areas of schedule, estimate, material forecasting, progress reporting, meetings, and procurement activities
- Perform self-check of completed work and provide guidance to less experienced engineers
- Work with project/client/field, procurement, permit, and subcontract activities