Electrical Engineer, Buildings Power Systems
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Electrical Engineer, Buildings Power Systems - ( 240000JB )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
We have an immediate opportunity in our Toronto office for an Electrical Engineer– Buildings with 6 years of experience in power system engineering.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate relevant experience in the following sectors:
- Buildings (commercial, light industrial, industrial, institutional, governmental)
- Healthcare facilities
- District energy (cogeneration, central cooling and/or heating plant)
- Experience in utility, water facilities, urban/residential underground services, airport and transportation sectors will be considered as an additional valuable asset
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing Master planning studies, preliminary engineering, detailed engineering, and contract administration for power distribution system (sizing and design of all required components)
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary team including architects, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers, and technicians (ASME team). The candidate will have to support these staff and be capable of offering advice and guidance to solve complex electrical issues on a project needs basis
- Interested in learning new technologies and techniques to stay up to date with current industry trends and practices
- Developing drawing packages including specifications suitable for tender and construction for:
+ Service entrance, distribution backbones ranging from 120/208V to 25kV - Site wide distribution systems
+ Generators systemsLightning protection
+ Bonding and grounding system (power and telecom)
+ Experience with UPS, battery bank, energy storage systems will be considered as an asset
- Carrying out power system studies including:
+ Short circuit, load flow, coordination of protection devices, arc flash
+ Load flow
- Coordinate with his/her supervisor to:
+ Take ownership of project tasks or entire projects as required and produce all deliverables with minimum supervision
+ Identify all deliverables to be produced
+ Propose or adhere to project schedule
+ Propose options to solve technical challenges
+ Interact with Client on a project needs basis to understand the scope of work identify client’s needs and budgetary limitations which may impact design choices
+ Self-organized, and autonomous to successfully deliver projects
+ Recommend design strategies or technologies suiting project’s needs and budget
+ Organize project execution using company’s staff and resources as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of National Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards
- Familiar with the following software suite: MS office suite and MS project, Visual, AGI, AutoCAD, REVIT, ETAP
- Additional knowledge of CYME, EASYPOWER, protection, controls and relaying techniques, as well as SCADA system would be beneficial
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 6 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1610 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2024, 4:35:08 PM
Req ID: 240000JB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans