E & I Construction Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The construction coordinators have two primary functions:
1. Provide expert technical assistance, which shall be; provide technical support to craft, RFI initiation, sketches and drawings, initiating and follow through of design change requests, planning and sequencing, interfacing with design teams and home office engineering.
2. Responsible for the in-progress testing verification, inspections, quality verifications, materials management, work planning, progress reporting, data collection and analysis to support the construction manager.
The construction coordinators shall be responsible to manage the construction coordination between all involved including, contractors, sub-contractors, engineering, procurement and clients. Coordinator will support the effective execution of the works by implementing and enforcing the safety plan, managing sub-contract and direct worker interfaces, schedule control and monitoring, ensuring procurement is aligned with construction schedule, in progress works meets quality requirements and progress measurement. Construction coordinator should be forward looking and remove obstacle and highlight potential issues to execution.
• A strong understanding of safety standards and codes
• Play an active role in the safety culture on site and enforce safety standards
• Understand electrical codes and project specific codes and industry specifications
• Understanding the phases of construction
• Review and understand P6 schedules
• Review, understand and implement contracts
• Quantity survey of progress
• Trade or technical background and certifications
• Monitor daily direct and subcontractor activities and report any deviations from plan and progress curves
• Inspection of in-progress work for compliance to project and industry standards
• Review contractor progress against actual data gathered independently from actual field measurements
• Read, review and understand drawings
• Work with 3D model viewers (Smart Plant Review and Smart Plant Construction)
• Coordinate interfaces between subcontractors and workers
• Monitor subcontractors against the contract
• Work with a team and have strong organizational and communication skills
• LNG construction experience
• Experience installing underground electrical / instrumentation cable, conduit and duct banks
• Experience installing aboveground electrical / instrumentation cable, conduit and cable tray
• Experience installing telecommunication patch panels
• Create, respond and manage RFIs
• Support line managers
• Identify change against the prime and subcontracts and implement the change management process
• Manage equipment, tools, materials as required to complete the scopes
• Planning, forecasting, takeoffs and estimating experience
• Development of Construction Work Packages (CWP) and Field Installation Work Packages (FIWP)
• Coordinate interfaces with System/Sub-system walk down and punch clearing, verification & close-out
• Coordinate interfaces from Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning up to final handover to Owner