City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 186429
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
“Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English, they will report to a manager from head office who is an English speaker, and/or they will serve and English-speaking clientele.”
As a member of the Trading and Service Email and Click-to-Chat Team, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the primary point of contact for Scotia iTRADE clients through our inbound Contact Centre primarily via the Email and Chat communication channels using any of Scotia iTRADE’s Email addresses and WebPages (.COM and SOL). The CSR will provide prompt, accurate and professional service, while ensuring that email and click-to-chat quality standards are met and that a high level of client focus is demonstrated at all times.
Where appropriate, you will be required to take conversations off line and resolve them via telephone and/or e-mail promptly and effectively. The Email & C2C agent will act as an expert and is accountable for the delivery of full service and support including helping customers and potential customers to get their online application for products and services completed and is also responsible for introducing our clients to additional service offerings by spotting and initiating cross-sell and referral opportunities.
You will proactively adhere to the business line strategy of promoting a client focused culture, directly contributing to the overall success and profitability of the business.
1. Responsible for resolving client inquiries efficiently and effectively, maintaining, and surpassing Scotia iTRADE service standards and striving to achieve First Call Resolution by:
- Responding independently to email and chat inquiries and taking action to fully address inquiries by presenting knowledgeable solutions & following through
- Processing client requests (inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely and efficient manner
- Accurately and efficiently documenting and controlling all required follow-up or escalation
- Strictly adhering to schedules, thereby ensuring prompt client service and response time
- Participating actively in queue maintenance through efficient call response times and prioritization of workload
- Satisfying client needs through the iCARE model
- Acquiring and maintaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of policies, processes, product & services
- Acquiring and maintaining a detailed knowledge of internal platforms (e.g. SOL, Flight Desk, Mobile)
2. Uses discretion to correct problems that result in a high level of client satisfaction by:
- Completing updates, corrections, and adjustments to client accounts within authorized limits
- Exercising discretion, within approved authority limits, in correcting problems promptly and indefensibly and when required, escalating to Manager
- Acting as a liaison coordinating with various areas as required to full satisfy client issues in a timely fashion (e.g. Operations, Product, Sales, Business Development, ISS etc.)
3. Adheres to the policies and practices that regulate the Contact Centre, Scotia iTRADE and the Investment Industry by:
- Contributing to optimal centre efficiency by ensuring productivity goals are obtained
- Minimizing risk and losses by knowing and adhering to policies, procedures and key controls
4. Solidifies existing Scotia iTRADE business and creates new business opportunities by initiating cross-sell and referral opportunities by:
- Recognizing and appropriately actioning quality opportunities
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of SiT by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
- Participating in and supporting change initiatives for the team and the Centre
- Post-Secondary Education in Commerce, Business or Financial Planning.
Preferred Industry Courses:
- Sales experience is an asset
- Previous discount brokerage experience
- Broad investment product knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income & Mutual Fund Securities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize risk to the firm
- Ability to set and achieve goals, and work independently
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and duties, dependent on current situations and directives from management
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to ensure optimum telephone coverage and adherence to established service standards
- Strong attention to exceptional client experience
- English required; French skills considered an asset
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.