City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Document Controller - ( 2300033X )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is currently looking for a document control specialist to be part of our team on a permanent full-time position. Reporting to the program controls manager, the document control specialist will support the program director and project managers/leads with document control responsibilities. The document control specialist is responsible for organizing and maintaining the various projects’ Submittals, Requests for Information (RFI), Safety Reports, Quality Reports, Field Reports, and Correspondence through Project Management Information System (PMIS). The document control specialist must demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem solving, and resourcefulness with a deep commitment to the Program goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Implements document management policies and procedures in line with Program guidelines.
- Control all aspects of project documentation on multiple simultaneous projects, utilizing various control methods/systems.
- Ensure the Program Team has access to the correct documentation and conduct regular audits to ensure compliance.
- Prepare, operate, and update Document Control Procedures in line with the Program Document Management System.
- Ensure proper document control support is given to each project.
- Produce and maintain Document Status Reports for Submittal, Supervening Event, RFI, NCR, Correspondence, Safety Reports, Quality Reports, Field Reports, etc. to project managers / project leads.
- Timely distribution of latest revision of documentation to all appropriate users based on Document Distribution Matrix and ensure that the obsolete documentation is superseded.
- Ensure all documentation provided is as per Program quality formatting requirements and naming and numbering conventions. Formatting may include correcting templates, fonts and style, pagination and numbering and other activities that may be required to achieve Program’s documentation requirements.
- Coordinates with project managers/ project leads to ensure all document management systems and tools are deployed and maintained.
- Develop and implement detailed work instructions to support the consultants and contractor to implement the approved procedures and supervise/guide their day-to-day document control activities.
- Identifies document control issues and recommend further improvements.
- Maintains the hard-copy filing system and ensures that electronic copies of all documentation are stored in the designated document management system.
- Assist to standardize and maintain information metadata in PMIS and ensures all consultant/contractor staff are following the process.
- Maintain standards of documentation such as consistency with style guides, spelling, and grammar, ensuring that required signatures are received and work with document originators to ensure accuracy and to resolve discrepancies
- Maintains a working knowledge of the corporate systems and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Provide document and records control training as required for new employees specific to the demands of the project
- Tracks, researches, collates, and prepares documents in response to legal challenges, audits and reviews, and Freedom of Information requests.
- Administers and controls the lifecycle management and disposition of all projects recorded information.
- Maintains a current awareness of document handling techniques and adheres to the Document Control Requirements.
- Maintain an archive for all filed documentation to ensure fast retrieval of documents.
- Perform clerical typing or proof-reading duties to generate quality documents as necessary.
- Adhoc duties as required to assist the project team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communications (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment. Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Experience with document controls software (Such as ProjectWise, Kahua, Aconex etc.)
- Ability to prepare, process and check a variety of reports, documents and correspondence related to the work (including sensitive and confidential materials).
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues/contractors.
- Keyboarding and data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy and speed. Typing speed of not less than 55wpm. Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office products (word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation MS PowerPoint), Adobe, SharePoint.
- Ability to work effectively with deadline pressures, as well as organize, and prioritize work assignments.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications to improve speed and efficiency.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in completion of tasks and cross-referencing of information in several documents and logs.
Education and Experience
Certificate in document management/records and information management and considerable experience in a document control role managing documents for major capital projects using electronic document management system software or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 3, 2023, 8:45:47 AM
Req ID: 2300033X
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans