City : Abbotsford
Category : Part-time Other
Industry : Food Production
Employer : Sodexo
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Deliver on food production targets for busy healthcare setting
- Responsible for the day to day operations - Prepares, serves, delivers & picks up meals as per service style of facility
- Ensure clients receive meals correctly as defined by clinical requirements
- May work on trayline to distribute food, including set up stations, cleanup, advise cook when food replenishment is needed during service and communicating with Supervisor
- complies with HACCP standards - ensure proper food handling, storage, and labelling is followed
- Prepare food for distribution including portioning, measuring, wrapping and/or blending.
- Ensure Sanitized workspace and equipment, and complete dishwashing duties as required by job
- Restock inventory based on first in first out system and properly label/date food prepared/received.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Food Safety certification
- 1-2 years related experience in a health care environment
- Previous food handling experiences is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills required
- English proficiency, verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position (Pushing large heavy wagons, standing for long periods of time), Pushing up to 10KG
Requirements upon hire:
- Current Vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, hepatitis A&B, Tuberculosis, Measles, Yearly Influenza (flu))
- As a provider of services in many client locations, including hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes, we require that all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Valid criminal record check through Ministry of Justice
- Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
- Black non slip shoes
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
I understand that as a condition of my employment, I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying, I hereby certify that I have received two doses of government approved vaccines and that at least 14 days have past since the date of my last vaccination. I further understand that I will need to provide proof before starting work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs