CSA – Engineering Technology – Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (December 2021 – June 2022)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (December 2021 - June 2022)
Hours: Monday to Friday; 35 hours/week
Rate of Pay: $25.89/hour
Posting Date: November 18th, 2021
Closing Date: November 24th, 2021 at 7:00pm EST
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, and in collaboration with all team members in the School of Engineering Technology, the Customer Service Associate (CSA) provides extensive customer service support for diverse clientele including direct interaction with students, faculty, staff and administrative personnel as well as the general public.
The incumbent contributes to the effective and efficient operation of the School of Engineering Technology by providing quality customer service aligning with the College’s strategic plan, and must be able to function in a multi-faceted environment at a level that requires independent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Customer Service:
- Serve as a key point of contact with students, support staff, faculty, administrators and the general public, both in-person and through e-mail and telephone, responding to a wide range of inquiries concerning college programs, procedures and general information, making appropriate and timely referrals, if required, to other areas of the College.
- Provide a range of registration-related supports specific to and appropriate for post-secondary, and/or Continuing Education, as well as special projects that are running within the School of Engineering Technology.
- Assist with the production and distribution of various reports required in the School of Engineering Technology and provides a range of clerical service to support department operations.
2. Operational Responsibilities:
- Provide a range of clerical services to support departmental operations such as creating reports for special projects, and other document preparation as required.
- Working with faculty and administrative team members to ensure that all forms and procedures related to student academic activity are completed and processed within the required timelines.
- As part of the School of Engineering Technology support team, provide administrative support for faculty including room bookings, exam requirements and invigilator support as required.
- Review and update the School of Engineering Technology webpages to ensure accuracy and currency. Manage and maintain the department’s network and SharePoint site for file storing and sharing.
- Maintain and troubleshoot FAX, printers and photocopier machines, and makes appropriate repairs and/or calls for repair when necessary.
- Provide mail services.
- Schedule student meetings for Associate Deans and Student Success Advisor.
The successful applicant will have:
- A two (2) year diploma, certificate or equivalent in Office or Business Administration or related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years of practical experience, in a service-oriented environment within an educational setting; primarily related to supporting applicants, students and staff, as well as an understanding of College services and corporate information systems.
- An equivalent combination of similar education and experience may be considered.
- An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations.
- Dynamic customer service and public relations skill base with the ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Superior analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Past successes include the ability to take initiative, create efficiencies and improve processes.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision while utilizing effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities is required.
- High degree of proficiency with various software programs, such as MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and Outlook. Priority will be given to individuals who are knowledgeable in College systems including Fast Suite, Banner, and eLearn.
- Professionalism and discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Eager and willing to undertake new tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at (905) 575-2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.