Counsellor (Work from your Home or own Office!)
Category : Part-time Salaried
Industry : *Service Provider
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
Homewood Health is seeking registered mental health professionals across Canada to provide remote counselling services for our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This is an independent contractor position, working from home or your own office. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 6 hours per week, with a maximum commitment of 25 hours per week, and can work with your schedule of availability. You need to provide a quiet, confidential workspace; we’ll book clients directly into your set weekly schedule for counselling sessions via telephone and/or secure video (flexibility with delivery preference).
What you'll be doing
- Providing short-term, solution focused counselling to clients via phone and/or video, from your own private and confidential space
- Working with a wide range of audiences, including but not limited to adult individuals, couples, and teens
- Adhering to professional standards and best practices in accordance with the regulations of your regulatory college
- Engaging in clinical consultation with the clinical management team as required
What we're looking for
· Master’s Degree in a counselling related field; or Bachelor of Social Work degree with appropriate registration and counselling experience
· Registration/clinical membership with a regulatory college or body in your province of practice
· 3 years experience in counselling, social services, or addiction service settings
· Experience working in the EFAP field is an asset
· Professional liability insurance coverage of $2,000,000 or as otherwise determined by Homewood Health™
· Proficiency to provide counselling services in either English or French is required
· Counselling proficiency in additional languages is a strong asset
· Ability to use Microsoft Office ( Word, Outlook)
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer competitive wages and professional development opportunities, along with opportunities to engage with a community of clinicians from a variety of professional backgrounds across Canada who are part of our community of practice. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.